You can use Dollabee to start selling doll clothes and accessories right now! This quick guide should tell you everything you need to know about creating a successful listing. Here we go…
[Note: You do NOT need to add your street address in the listing process. Just leave it blank.]
- Listings are free, unless you want to have it be a featured listing, in which case it’s $5 payable via Paypal during the listing creation process. It’s your choice.
- You can list any type of doll.
- You can list original ‘branded’ doll clothes. Or you can list custom/couture/hand-made doll clothes. Important note: BEE As Accurate As Possible in the categorization process. Maintain the quality of the categories by listing your items properly. You cannot edit the category after you create the listing, so it’s important to do it correctly.
- You cannot list shoes that are made in China, unless they are authentic ‘branded’ items originally sold from AG or another authentic doll brand. Or, unless they are part of an complete outfit that you are selling.
- You can sell directly on Dollabee like you would Craigslist. Once a buyer tells you they want the item, just send an invoice through Paypal, and after they pay, you send the item.
- (this is important), to avoid any confusion about whether the buyer received the item or not – always use delivery confirmation when you ship the item so you have proof that you sent it.
- You can list your EBay or Etsy listings here too – Just create a normal listing and include a link in your Dollabee listing back to your EBay Auction, or Etsy description so the buyers know how to ‘get’ the item.
- Title your post accurately. If you sell custom/couture clothing use a descriptive title, and don’t use the phrase “American Girl Doll Clothes” unless you are actually selling an original (branded) AG item. If your item is custom/couture name it something, “Blue Dress”. It will be in the AG Custom/Couture category so there is no need to put that in the title. Saying, “Blue dress for AG dolls”. The main thing is to look at the title from the point of view of a buyer – and ensure your title doesn’t confuse things. If you use a Liberty Jane pattern, don’t title your listing, “Liberty Jane Dress”. Title it, “Blue dress”, then in the description you can say it was made with a Liberty Jane pattern.
- For Liberty Jane Partners – as with Etsy, we’d appreciate you mentioning that you used a Liberty Jane, or Heritage, (etc.) pattern, in the description somewhere. You can even put a clickable link to Liberty Jane patterns if you’d like.
- If you link to an EBay auction, then in the listing form, when it says, “price”, just enter “auction”.
- In the listing form, when it says, “Price”, you DON’T need to add the dollar sign, ($). The Dollabee listing form does it for you.
- If you want to have an ‘avatar’ picture associated with your seller profile, then you must go to gravatar.com and create a ‘gravatar’ using the same email you are using on this site. This site pulls that data right in. It’s sort of funny, but that’s the way it works. Yes, gravatar is free.
- You can add up to 3 pictures. Each can be up to 1 mebabyte each. If you exceed that size limit, the listing form will tell you and force you to go back. [Note: To ensure this site complies with copyright laws, we will delete your listing if you use an image from American Girl or any other manufacturer. If you're selling an item, take your own picture of it for use in your listing. As an appropriate work-around, you can add a link to a manufacturers website in your listing, and in this way show buyers the item which you are listing without violating picture copyrights.]
- Your pictures cannot be rotated after upload, so ensure that you upload “Portrait” (tall up and down) images for best results.
- Your listing is automatically set to expire after 7 days. You can re-list easily as needed.
- If you don’t see a category that fits your item, do your best and use the “Doll Other” or “Clothes Other” category.
- If you clearly place items in the wrong category we will delete them.
- We reserve the right to delete any listing.