This is a quick guide to help you get started on Dollabee. Here we go…
- Just think of Dollabee like Craigslist® – you find an item, and complete the transaction with the seller – we aren’t involved. In that way, this is NOT like EBay or Etsy.
- Be smart – the items you are buying are either used, or hand-made. So, ask questions, investigate, and only purchase when you are sure it’s right for you.
- Like with Craigslist, EBay and Etsy, expect the seller to only send the item after you’ve paid.
- If you are going to buy an item directly from a seller through Dollabee use PayPal to pay. They have a solid buyer protection policy that will refund your money if you don’t receive the item.
- Never meet with a seller alone, or in an unsafe way. Just have them ship the item.
- If you need to let us know about a bad buying experience, send us a note through the contact form. But please remember, we are running this like Craigslist, not EBay. We will not mediate problems between you and a seller.
- If you see an item and it is in the wrong category, (for example listed under “American Girl Brand Clothes” when it is clearly made from a ‘custom/couture’ seamstress, then send the seller a nice comment through the contact form that says, “I noticed you have this in the wrong category, I just wanted to let you know. All the best”. Don’t be mean about it – that’s not cool. They probably just made a rookie mistake.
If you have questions contact us!